Want music?
Click: Aretha Franklin, Marvis Staples - Oh Happy Day.
2GN2S
Today was 111' and I stayed home with the granddogs, so today you will get photos of Zoey (age 7) and Duke (9 mos.). Duke has grown so much and is bigger than Zoey and not done yet.
Oyasumi nasai!
(sweet dreams)
Hidden within the Karakum Desert of Turkmenistan, the Darvaza Gas Crater—often called "Hell's Gate"—is one of the world's most extraordinary natural attractions.
The massive crater, measuring roughly 70 meters across, has burned continuously for more than five decades. According to the most widely accepted account, the crater formed after a Soviet-era drilling operation exposed an underground pocket of natural gas. To reduce the release of methane into the atmosphere, the escaping gas was reportedly ignited, with the expectation that the flames would burn out within days.
Instead, the fire has continued ever since, transforming the crater into a spectacular sight of glowing flames visible both day and night.
Although some details of its origin remain uncertain, the Darvaza Gas Crater stands as one of the planet's most remarkable geological landmarks and continues to attract visitors from around the world.





2 comments:
Liked your graphic, it was a little different for you, I think. The video was heartwarming, and I will show it to my grandchildren. And I certainly laughed about the toilet paper. Have a great weekend: wow 111Degrees.
Thank you Carrol! Yes, it is 111' again today but you would never know it inside, and of course the cars and stores have A/C too, so we only feel the 111' on the walk to and from. ;o) I have loved our CA weather this year, so far. Perfect!
Post a Comment