Sunday, February 9, 2020

Day 2753: A movie review and warning.





"thoughts": acrylic, junk mail collage & digital collage.









Want music?

 




Click here for Eva Cassidy, Autumn Leaves.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?







Almost every Friday, good friend, artist, Ann and I 
go to a matinee movie. We usually eat a bite before or after.

Add caption




















   



Friday afternoon we saw The Gentlemen, but 
please be warned, there is nothing gentle about it.
The dialogue in this movie is absolutely hard to take.
 We surely got a lifetime dose but as Ann 
said after, "It's probably how crooks talk in London." 
And there is another hurdle, the violence & 
gore is dominant. However, if you can tolerate those, 
it is clever and even funny. Ann and I had walked out of 
Jo Jo Rabbit in the first 15 minutes, but we both 
liked this one. In fact, when it was over, 
we both just sat there rethinking all the twists and turns.
Well acted. I just now realized when googling, that Hugh 
Grant was a major figure that I hadn't recognized at all. 
There you have it, a comedy-mystery-thriller with warnings.





2GN2S

Image
A bear of the world 
 
Every child knows the pain of forgetting a cherished toy and thinking it lost forever. When Grayson Mulligan left his bear on a Southwest flight over Thanksgiving holiday, his parents were desperate to find it. Sadly, the bear never turned up. A team of Southwest employees was so moved by the Mulligan's search they decided to offer up the next best thing: An adorable new bear, who seems to have quite a bit of experience in the air travel industry. That's perfect for Grayson because his mother says he's been interested in planes for years, and even wants to be a pilot someday. Southwest sent the bear to Grayson, along with photos of his new friends working on the tarmac, preparing the cabin of a flight and even inspecting the cockpit. Grayson named the bear Jack because, the boy said, "He looked like a Jack to me."





I recently subscribed to ...


*No politics, just feel-good stories that I may share at times like the above story. 
The subscription information above, in case you might be interested?




A smile for Sunday ...





2 comments:

john said...

I always wonder where you decide to begin a piece. I wonder how long it takes you. I wonder if it is all intuitive. I do a lot of wondering how you achieve each amazingly wonderful piece. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, John, for asking. In this piece, I did last night, "thoughts" I combined two different old collages (the text on the left and face on the right) then drew and played with layers in PS. I'd give it a C.