Saturday, February 29, 2020

Day 2773: I used to be a potter. (repeat)




Laurel, Stoneware & Porcelain, high fired.


today's post is a repeat of ...

Day 22: I used to be a potter.  Tuesday, August 14, 2012

http://jackilong.blogspot.com/2012/08/day-22-used-to-be-potter.html

Way before the cheeseburger format went into effect, 

but Carrol said it would be okay to repeat.  I hope so.






Day 22: I used to be a potter.


    Eons ago, after ten years of teaching, we had a baby girl.  
I became a stay at home mom.  That was so hard.  
 I started doing ceramics in my garage during nap-time 
           and at night. This grew into a small business, Superslop!




I had sales twice a year.  By invitation only.  
Amazing to me now, but it worked.

After being in a craft show in LA, I began to sell to a few decorators and two department stores. Over the years I have lost some of the product line photos,  just the faces line to share here.
Primarily unglazed, high-fired stoneware slabs and thrown shapes.  Some had iron oxide and or porcelain.  Decorators favored the wall planters. The roping probably gives away the age?
I always said I just played with the clay and the faces appeared. 
     

Two of my favorites were Laurel and Hardy. 
Laurel is with the Nomura Family.  
Why someone separated them I don't know.
  I hope the same for Hardy.
It seems like a lifetime ago.







Want music?

 




Click here for Tevin Campbell, I'm Ready.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?





A smile for Saturday ...


No comments: