Monday, June 24, 2019

Day 2524: Santa Fe flashback.





Santa Fe flashback: photos . collages & digital.








Want music?

 




Click here for  Carly Simon, You Belong to Me.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?








Last morning at the house on the hill. We three got up at 6:30.
As I was letting both dogs out to go, 
I noticed 3 bodies asleep in the family room. 
Grandhunk #2 asked if his friends could stay over? 
I asked if it is okay with your Mom? he said yes, so did I. 
The guys all have nice friends, many since they were little, 
and I get extra hugs.*
Fed the dogs & then we 3 went upstairs so I could shower. 
Laker immediately went into Zoey's crate to nap, 
Zoey however, was "full steam" and ready to play. 
She has a little basket of toys, so pulled out a raggedy monkey.
By the time I got out of the shower, Zo was playing with a 
 "head", the limp body was torn open and had to be trashed.
Once showered, dressed & packed, 
we three went outside so as not to wake the bodies. 
 



I brought my book & oj out to sit in the sun at the firepit.


Laker took a nap in the planter, I'd never seen him do this before?



He seemed to enjoy the sun and warmth?
When he finally got too warm, he moved to the shade.
8:30 am
James, one of the bodies, gave me a hug before leaving for work.
8:35 am
Next, Grandhunk#3 came down & a hug before leaving for work.
8:40 am
Next GH#2 & friend Chris emerged and left for work. More hugs. 
8:45 am
Garrett came down & gave me a hug before leaving for church.

* When my Grandhunks were little, I told them humans need 
8 hugs a day to survive, and since I lived alone, 
I would need to store up when I was with them. 
Luckily, they have always obliged.

10:00 am 
I loaded my stuff, woke GH#1 who was next on duty with dogs.
10:15
I left for brunch at Ann's house, just 6 miles away.
10:30 am
This was a BRUNCH to behold! 
An amazing array, two kinds of juice, coffee, tea ...
cantelope & blueberries, salad, warm croissants with
four jams and jellies, egg casserole, bacon and
two kinds of sausage! Wow! And after we 4 finished
we talked a while and there was a dessert! 
Of course there was?
A ramekin of fresh strawberries, tart creme & orange zest.
Another of Ann's talents, she's a wonderful hostess.
3:30 pm
Drove home, unpacked and took a nap. TMI?










A smile for Monday ...





1 comment:

john said...

So colorful! :-)