Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Day 2519: ...trying to remember to stop and shoot.




postcard: junk mail collage & digital.










Want music?

 




Click here for  Bob Marley,  Jammin"
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?










Met my friend Ann (aka Raquel Welsh) for lunch at BJ's @ 12:45. 
Then we went to the 1:50 showing of "Late Night" on bargain day.





It was cute, light and just what the doctor ordered. 
I would give it a B+, 
Emma Thompson was amazing as was Mindy Kaling.
FYI: in case you haven't been to the movies lately,
all of our local theaters now have you pick your exact seats 
on a screen when you purchase your movie tickets. 
It really slows the purchase line. A lot! 
It's new, and you know how picky we can all be?
Ann and I like E 7&8, but today in an almost empty theater
someone had picked our seats! The nerve! We got E 5&6.








I guess I am getting slower, evidently at everything?
No doubt my new addiction to naps makes a dent in my productivity. 
I've tried blaming the weather change, 
June gloom etc. Not sure if it's a stage or the new me?
I mentioned this because I have a commission half finished, 
class postcards that need to be sent out, things I need to address before the September trip and the list goes on, seemingly static?
Tonight I started a postcard, so I could use some current art 
for the blog, trying to remember to stop and shoot. 


pre-steps

I picked some scraps and junk mail to use.

step 1

Using 4x6" black card stock postcard.



step 2

And no plans ... just playing.


step 3

I  added a print of a previous work on mulberry paper.


step 4

Added sewing pattern tissue.



step 5

Could have stopped, but kept playing. The workspace ...


workspace
More scraps until I stopped.
final steps.


How about that, one postcard done and more to make. 
But it's a start.









A smile for Wednesday ...






1 comment:

john said...

I love what you did with the final pieces. Thanks for the steps. Love that something I sent you was watching from the sidelines. :-)