Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Day 2315: Grandma's Park.






McStar: junk mail collage, digital.











Want music?

 




Click here for Erik Satie, Gnossienne 1
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?









I can't do art tonight. I need to work on information 
for my upcoming appointment with a lawyer to 
finally get a will and all my ducks in a row.

 


So, today is another reprise from 
Blog # 521, Sunday December 29, 2013 
and Carole said I could!

It's about Grandma's Park.


view from the adjacent elementary school field, approaching the park

It's a short walk down to my park. That's right, my park!
Oh the City had it posted as Cedar Grove Park ...

 
home to a beautiful grove of magnificent Cedars.




But, those of us in the know, know the park's real name
  is actually ... Grandma's Park!




So named by my three grandson's,
when they were tiny & visited often.




They liked Grandma's Park. 




A lot of people still do.




In case you don't get to see cedars ...




here's a close-up ...




can you almost smell it?




I am going to take you on a walking tour.
If I have to walk, you're coming along.




It's a hidden treasure, so this is just between you and me.




This field is usually filled with LaCrosse and more.




Tustin places a high priority on schools and parks ...



well used, but rarely crowded. This park offers ...


Nature trail
Basketball (2-1/2 courts)
Restrooms
Playground equipment
On-site parking
Regional trail access
2 Grass volleyball courts





A wonderful space, hidden in busy Orange County.








The large stand of tall cedars have
a path and scattered picnic tables ...




gorgeous! 
And, if you are willing to do a back-bend ...





you can look straight up to the tree tops!
After googling I found there are many types of cedar tree.
I believe these are Deodar Cedar.
An excellent evergreen with graceful pendulous branches.



Pyramidal form when young, wide-spreading
and flat topped in old age, often reaching 70' in height.


There are many other trees, and a eucalyptus stand.


 
My grandsons, now Grandhunks, drive by ...
and I've heard them say "I love Grandma's Park."











74 degrees, Blue skies, Santa Ana, CA














A smile for Tuesday ...





No comments: