Friday, November 23, 2018

Day 2311: It happened.






Things happen: acrylic, collage on 40 x40" canvas















Want music?

 




Click here for Trois morceaux en forme de poire
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?








It happened. 
Thanksgiving eve, as I was preparing Thursday's blog #2310.
I was selecting music when the screen went black.
The usual unplug, reboot etc. did nothing to revive.
The chord that sounds when starting the Mac ...
sounded over and over but no life, like a final signal.
I had to climb under, among the cords and unplug. 



My "significant other", since 2006, faded away.
He's been failing for some time, slowing painfully.
The once state-of-the-art MacPro with maximum memory.




Big, a huge tower that I can't move or lift.
No longer able to upgrade, termed a relic by Apple.
I took everything off the desktop to lighten his load.
 I waited as he struggled and he kept on for a long time, slowly.





I purchased a new MacPro laptop two years ago.
Lightning fast, mongo gigabytes, more speed 
than my skills need, but I stayed mainly with my old guy.
Using the new guy mainly for travel. 
Brandon, my brainy guru tried to get me to make the switch.
He patiently invested time to help me transfer information
to my new laptop, which is surely a blessing now.
I have probably lost the recent work that I hadn't transferred
to my laptop, but I am more sad losing my friend.
I am sure this might sound silly to be attached to a thing? 


Anthropomorphism:  the attribution of human characteristics 
or behavior to an animal, or object. Do you do that?










A smile for Friday ...








No comments: