Thursday, September 17, 2026

Day 5137: Horace, “Well begun is half done.” & Mont-Saint Michel.

"Parts": junk papers collage, digital.


                                                                       
  

Want music?



    ClickEarth, Wind & Fire - Boogie Wonderland


2GN2S


 What to write? I am a bit weary and I need to pack. This is an activity that used to be exciting and is now painful. Couple that with a giant dose of procrastination and you might see my dilemma? The details of thinking ahead for what might be needed is not a high priority, though it should be. At least the suitcase is out, and half filled. I keep waiting for a burst of energy and insight, but so far, none.



Horace, “Well begun is half done.”






Demura Sensei's Overnight Training for Juniors.
Original Honbu Dojo, Santa Ana, CA.  1980



A quote I found written in an old journal today, "Demura Sensei was in great form today. Just back from London, and teaching in Chile before that, I think our weaknesses stood out and he worked us extra hard. We love it when Sensei is home.

10/23/14


     






  
 
A 5 minute video, Anya , here.


 
Just because ...

Red-tailed Laughingthrush


Thursday's Smiles ... 

 

























Hoping you feel all the good things in your day.


  


 

 

 

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

My mom says that packing gets harder as you get older. Not looking forward to that. lol. I have an aunt & uncle that start packing a week in advance. Erin never seems to have a problem with packing. I'm sure she's perfected the art with lots of practice.

elenor said...

Jacki, I so appreciate that you have creating a blog for us for 5137 days now. I'm so grateful to you and I imagine that you struggle with this task sometimes. So, when it feel hard to you just keep it shorter. I think everybody would understand that. It should still be a joy to you.
Sending you love!