Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Day 5129: Stamp People Notes & Iceland Lighthouse

    

"Atmospheric": junk paper collage, digital.



  

Want music?



    Click: Aquino's, Hey Look at This Look!

2GN2S

Revisit a stamp people thank you notes

 Within my huge collection of great stamps I found 3 cancelled Marvin Gay stamps. They had great colors, I carefully peeled them off to use.

Then I adhered them onto the kraft paper cards.

Since the stamp showed  the neck of a red shirt, I started with red tissue paper.

I love exaggeration, so I started fitting his body to the size of the card. 


I love junk mail so I played with shapes for pants and shoes.

Once I had junk mail for body & shoes, I drew arms and legs. Outlining finished the card. 


               I made a third card. They are all similar but different.             They are fun to play with and I think the imperfections are a bonus.


     

ICELAND'S REMOTE ÞRÍDRANGAR LIGHTHOUSE
😘
Far off Iceland's southern coast, the tiny Þrídrangaviti Lighthouse stands dramatically on the tallest of three isolated Atlantic sea stacks. Its name means “three rock pillars.”
Built in 1938–1939, the lighthouse was constructed in one of Iceland's most difficult locations. Before helicopters could be used, experienced climbers had to scale the near-vertical rock using ropes, chains and hand tools while workers hauled construction materials upward by hand.
The lighthouse itself is only about 4 meters tall, but its light sits roughly 34 meters above sea level and can be seen from about 9 nautical miles away.
Today, Þrídrangaviti remains an active navigation aid and is still one of Iceland's most isolated and challenging lighthouse locations  





  
 
A 4+ minute video, Happiness, here.
 
 
Just because ...

The Sula pitta (Erythropitta dohertyi)



Wednesday's Smiles ... 

 





















Hoping you see all the good things in your day.


  


 

 

 

No comments: