| "Wink": junk papers collage, ink. |
Want music?
Click: Herb Alpert, This Guys in Love with You.
2GN2S
Another Family Birthday...
![]() |
| "Uncle Skete": old photo, digital collage. |
When I think of Uncle Skete, I smile. I really do. His real name was Russel, but I called him Uncle Skete? He was third born in a family of 10 children. He began farming as a very young boy.
![]() |
| "Uncle Skete, old photo |
His Dad gave him young horses to break and use as his own. He drove a horse&buggy 7 miles to Lebanon High School each day.
5 years older than Aunt Fern, my Mom's eldest sister, he was out of high school before Aunt Fern started. |
![]() |
| Uncle Skete, Aunt Fern, Aunt Pauline, Uncle Owen, Aunt Martha, Uncle Jerry & Grandpa |
Uncle Skete and Aunt Fern were sweethearts
for many years before marrying in 1925.
Aunt Fern finished her first year of teaching and they were married the next day. She went on to be a school Principal and poet.
They had one daughter, my cousin, Katha. They were married over 50 years. Uncle Skete was a farmer. When I remember himI can still hear his laugh as I picture him in this chair.
after a long day working his farm.
y
| Young WW (4) with Uncle Skete on the farm, 1977 |
Special memories of a wonderful man.
Today is his birthday.
Happy Birthday, Uncle Skete!
| The Purple Thread Shed - Ali Ferguson |
Another Story Collage workshop sample underway. This one uses text from a very gorgeous Domestic Science school jotter. Did you know that clothes are starched for the following reasons? 1. To improve appearance 2. To keep clothes clean longer 3. To prevent stains soaking into fabric 4. To make garments easier to wash 5. To make garments dry more easily. Well there you go then - you’re now ready for your ‘starching’ test - you’re welcome!!











No comments:
Post a Comment