 |
| "Gradient": ink, junk paper collage. |
Want music?
Click: Regina Bell, If I Could.

2GN2S
Conversation with a Stranger
Today I had to go to Kaiser for a hip X-ray, and because I didn't know how long I might have to wait I took my book to read. I checked in, and got all set to read when an elderly (most likely younger than me) lady came in and sat nearby. I had just started reading and I heard her say something. I asked and she said "How is your day going?" and I replied,"Oh fine, how about you?" And the conversation was on. I closed my book and gave her my attention, as she seemed to want to talk. I am not always so open to strangers, but she seemed to need to talk? She said she was there to x-ray her left foot and showed me the foot in question. A large bump which she said was "a cyst under a bone spur." I asked if it was painful, and she said yes, sometimes. I asked if she iced it, and she said sometimes. Then she said she would be having surgery on August 11th. About then the technician called me in for my appointment. Easy peasy, all procedures should be as easy as an Xray. As I left I wished her well on her surgery, she thanked me. I thought about the conversation on the way home and felt good about spending the a little time with a stranger. I can read my book anytime.
When I got home and started working on today's blog, I came across this ...

A 2 minute video, The Artist, here.
Just because ...
 |
| NZ Kiwi |

Wednesday's Smiles ...
Hoping you feel all the good things in your day.
6 comments:
Love this post - extra special. - and so are you extra special.
If everyone read your blogs the world would be a much better place! Thank you for the positivity & daily reminders. You've made me a better person, along with countless others!
Awww, thanks so much, Erin, you are so kind. I am so looking forward to seeing you next week, it seems so long? Please take goos care.
Thank you endlessly Cheryl, your comments mean the world to me even though I know you are prejudiced! I love you, Cheryl!
Again, such a great collage, Jacki!
I'm sure the other lady you met today was happy to talk to you. Just to be noticed sometimes makes the whole life easier if you are in pain and a bit frightened.
The list with these good advices is priceless. Thank you for sharing so many positive things that make us feel better and give us hope.
Thank you dear Elenor, your consistency in commenting means the world to me. I hope your hear has cooled some? It is 88 here today, but cooler in the evenings. A friend from Canada let me know it was 65' yesterday, On the news when they show us th US map, it seems to almost all be red! BTW: the collage you liked today was originally a 2x2" collage, I just enlarged it. It is fun to do a bunch of tinies?.
Post a Comment