Friday, May 26, 2017

Day 1765: Much more than that.





Josephine, 1902, collage, old photo & digital













Want music?

 




Click here for YoYo Ma, Obrigado Brazil
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?










A student in my college class recently asked me 
which artist influenced me? In a nano-second, I said Corita!

 



Surprising to me, none of the students knew or had heard of 
Corita Kent, the former Sister Corita.




While doing advanced work at UCI, I found the same to be true.
So I featured Corita in the website design class I was taking.



 



In Indiana in the 60's, I was working on my bachelors & masters,
Corita was working her magic at Immaculate Heart, in LA.






Corita had a huge impact on advertising, design & the soul. 
My masters was in design. She was and is my hero. 
Over the years I have added just a few art heroes, but she is #1.
I'm hoping this little blog will help you want to know more?




I have posted earlier Corita blogs here, & here.






Short story:
In 1966, we moved from Indiana to California to teach.
In 1978 I read that Corita would be at a South Coast Plaza gallery.





She would be selling & signing her poster!
We went, bought & stood in line for signing.




When it was our turn, she smiled & I, in awe, froze.
My then husband, came to my rescue, introduced himself 
and said "this is my wife, Jacki, she is your biggest fan."
Corita smiled big & said, 
"I'm sure she is much more than that."





That was my Corita moment.











A smile for Friday ...









1 comment:

withstechnosolution said...

I appreciate this piece of useful information. Withs Technosolutions is a leading website design, mobile app development and website development company in Gwalior & Indore. We have a team of Professional Web Designer and Digital Marketers For more information visit our site: web designing company in indore