Saturday, June 16, 2018

Day 2151: ...a strange concept to some, but some tried it.






Irene: ink & watercolor











Want music?

 




Click here for Michael McDonald, You belong to me.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?









On a beautiful SoCal Friday ...





I drove to Mission Viejo and Mount of Olives Church.






Mount of Olives Adult Day Program is 
a warm, structured, day program providing creative, 
social services, designed to fit the needs of seniors 
with mild cases of Alzheimer’s, dementia and 
other clinical conditions, who want to get out 
and have fun in a safe, honoring place.






I was hired to present a collage art program for 32 adults.
My idea was to incorporate their family photos into a collage.
I was given a one hour time frame.






None of this would be possible without their family,
 who hunted up meaningful & relevant photos  ...
 transferred to photocopies by Suzanne Helmstetter.
And almost twenty family members & friends who helped.
It could not have worked without their help.
In addition to preparing photos, Suzanne Helmstetter prepared
glues sticks, substrates, spoons for brayers & all arrangements.
I still can't believe I didn't get a photo Suzanne!






Each adult had a container of tissue paper to add, if they chose,
to their photo collage. I demonstrated tearing around the photos
which was seemed a strange concept to some, but some tried it.






I apologize that I didn't get the artist's names, time flew by. 











by Margaret

I spent some time with Margaret as she worked, and noticed 
her Scottish Dance photo, she was surprised 
that I knew and I told her I had done that too. 
I asked if she had done the sword dance too, and she had. 
She asked my name and when I told her, 
she said I must go meet the other Jackie, so I did.


by Jackie

And so, I got to meet Jackie, another lovely lady.

Phieng Kim


I spoke with Phieng, so lovely to see her photos. 
Phieng told me she had 3 girls, no boys! 
I told her I had 1 girl, no boys! But, that I have 3 grandsons! 
She said "Oh that's good!"  I agreed.









by Betty Sill





by Jennie




I apologize that I did not get every collage photo. I meant to.
This event was under written by Mount of Olives 


Betty, and her daughter Dru


Adult Day Program and Betty Sill's family, the Mauers.






Finishing the event with a beautiful, delicious cake 
provided by Betty Hill's family.






Thank you Mount of Olives Adult Day Program, and
your beautiful facility, caring staff, families & adults.










A Puppy Update ...


Laker & Zo sharing: photo by WonderWoman


Progress!











A smile for Saturday ...








No comments: