Monday, July 17, 2017

Day 1817: Rita & Ethel ...






Part of Rita, ink, w/c & collage












Want music?

 




Click here for Luther Vandross, Nevr too much.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?








Still working on postcards to mail out & get caught up.
I was asked how I determine the faces ...
 usually they just happen, like this one.


step 1


A quick sketch with an ink brush on 4x6" w/c postcard.


step 2


Then a quick splash of watercolor ...


step 3


finishing with junk mail & tissue collage.
I named her Ethel, but she reminds me of Iris Apfel?
Though I wasn't trying to draw Iris?










Sometimes I draw from a magazine or a tv image ...


Rita, steps 1- 3


... it never comes out like I'd like, but merely my version of it.
I named this one Rita, I don't know why?
I hated the sketch & really could have stopped then, but
I pushed on & tolerated the watercolor which was a little better.
Somehow junk mail collage usually saves the day for me.
I ended up thinking she was okay.
My own little soap opera.












A smile for Monday ...















No comments: