Thursday, July 23, 2015

Day 1092a : It's a 2-4-1: Buried Treasure!




Abstract Kansas, photo & digital collage









Well known, popular NYC artist, Seth Apter 




is hosting a Treasure Hunt today, called ...





to feature artists and their blogs, click here and ...
you can jump from blog to blog and see 
a great variety of really amazing work.

...

Possibly the kindest, hardest working artist/blogger,
teacher, author, mixed media developer ever,
Seth does so much to promote art and artists. 
My instructions were to re-post a previous blog for you. 
Here goes ... from Friday, April 24, 2015
 


Day 1002: Renamed the "something, sometime" list


"As it is",  a junk mail & ink collage postcard







Zack (GH#3) was here last Sunday.

He helped take things down from up high in the garage.

 I threw out some boxes, bagged some stuff to donate. 

And, wrapped up air tight, in pristine condition,

we found 20 of my fashion illustrations, done in 1965! 

50 years ago?
Working on my masters in design at the time, 

they were presentation pieces for a final grade, 

hand drawn on mat-board, each sealed with acetate.

I almost threw them out,

but decided to get some use out of them before the landfill.

I stripped off the acetate which was sealed with tape, and

cut the (artwork) mat-board to 4x6" pieces on my old paper cutter.










They will be my upcoming postcard bases. 

So if you're on the list you'll be getting an antique!

I cut the 16x20" acetate cover sheets to smaller sheets, 

for students to use in their journals when paint is wet. 

My Mother would like that I didn't waste anything. 

And, I have named the postcard list ...

the "something, sometime" list! 







 I will.


No comments: