Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Day 1000: A little milestone.






I asked Demura Sensei to write 1000 in kanji ...




he is known for his beautiful caligraphy, 




and practices at the hombu dojo,
he added "days" for this blog.



Thank you Demura Sensei.

(I had planned to add the kanji to artwork, but couldn't come up with anything worthy.)









I guess 1000 days have gone quickly.
I started working in high school.
At age 15 with a work permit.
Just a little nondescript job in a tiny gift shop.
It was followed by doing inventory at Bullock's Wilshire at night.


  
Then working the candy booth at Cinerama in Hollywood.






My memory of that was seeing people rush out of the theater ...





with motion sickness from the the 3-D Wonders of the World.
I worked cleaning film at Eastman-Kodak midnight - 8:30 AM





And, yes that was when cleaning rolls of film was done by hand.
In college I worked for Ball Stores, an elegant department store.
All pre-jobs before career, marriage & family.
Why all this rambling down memory lane? 
Because I learned early on that ...
the job is easier if you stay busy.
This silly blog keeps me busy.







Now to the giveaway.
Have you ever won a giveaway?
I haven't, but I keep trying.
Seems like 1000 days deserves a little giveaway ...
to anyone interested?
If you trust me with your address ...
I promise to send you something,
probably a postcard, but that's something, right?
But, you need to let me know by Friday, May 24, 2015.
You can e-mail me at jlonginc@gmail.com and you're in! Done.
Or, message me at FB at:https://www.facebook.com/jacki.long.75
Or, you can leave your address in the comment section below.
Don't forget: the cut-off for addresses is Friday, May 24, 2015
So, it's up to you, then I will get it to you before 1050, I think.
Thanks so much for visiting this daily blog when you can.
I don't say it often enough, but I really do appreciate you.







A bonus ... 3 smiles for Wednesday, Earth Day ...


















No comments: