Sunday, July 19, 2015

Day 1088: I used to be a potter.





Random, collage postcard









I used to be a potter.

Eons ago, after ten years of teaching, we had a baby girl.  
I became a stay at home mom.  That was really hard.  
I started doing ceramics in my garage ...
during nap-time and at night.  
It grew into a small business,  dubbed ... Superslop!



I had a sale twice a year.  By invitation only.  
Amazing to me now, but it worked.
After being in an art show at the LA Design Center, 
I began to sell to a few decorators and two department stores.
Over the years I have lost some of the product line photos, 
but have found the faces line to show here.
Primarily unglazed, high-fired stoneware ...
slabs and thrown shapes, some iron oxide & porcelain.  
Decorators favored the wall planters. 
The roping probably gives away the age?
  


 I just played with the clay and the faces appeared. 
     
Two of my favorites were Laurel and Hardy. 




I gave Laurel to Emi & Eric this past year.



Hardy sold long ago. I wonder where he is?





 A smile for Sunday ...






No comments: