Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Day 1714: Demura Sensei says we're moving!






Bella 3, ink. watercolor & collage











Want music?
 




Click here for Hiroshima
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?








I so appreciate you who stop by this little blog when you can.
I know you never know what you will get?
When I first started 1714 days ago ... I was told to
 have a subject matter, so people would know what to expect.
But, as is obvious by now, I don't follow directions well.




Art friends are drawn to the art stuff I guess.
My Karate family tune in around tournament time,
my family for family stuff, & I bounce around in between.




Today I have news for my Karate Family ...




Demura Sensei has asked me to let you know ...




he has finalized the purchase of our new, forever hombu dojo.






Our old dojo (above) was taken by eminent domain





by the City of Santa Ana, to widen Bristol Street in Santa Ana.
We moved into our current, temporary dojo in July 2016,


current, temporary hombu dojo


knowing that it did not fully meet our needs.
The costly lease is up in a few months & we will need 
that time to update & make improvements to the new building. 
Designer & Senpai Dave Hines is in charge of the new building.
Contractor & Senpai Bob Cherone is in charge of the construction.
Donations are needed in order to restore, retro-fit & prepare.


 
It will be a lot of work, lovingly giving back 
to the dojo that has given so much to all of us.




Donations can be mailed to Sensei Fumio Demura
1305 W. Marcella Lane
Santa Ana, CA 92706



















A smile for Wednesday ...








No comments: