Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Day 1713: An uninvited houseguest!





fred, ink. watercolor & collage













Want music?
 




Click here for Barry White
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?










As mentioned, I never know what the daily blog topic will be.
Thus, you who join me, are always in for a random ride.
Today is the most random yet.
I entered my little house after day class and saw
what I thought was a twig on the floor, but how could that be?
As I got closer, I thought it looked like a lizard?




It was, grey-ish & about 8 inches long. It didn't move.
It was on a throw rug, so I moved the rug & then it moved.
She was a little chubby around the middle, so I decided 
she was pregnant & not in a hurry to move?
I remember that feeling.
While I looked away trying to think what to do, she ran 
& just barely cleared going under the guest bathroom door.
College graduate here has no experience in lizard wrangling.
I didn't want to hurt her, but I also didn't want to live with her.
I got a broom & opened the guest bathroom door.
She was there & looked up at me with 
what I swear was a very annoyed look!
I gently brushed her out of the bathroom, into the hall.
This is when I found out lizards swear. They do!
Okay, maybe it was a hiss? But with a lot of attitude.
Gradually moving her down the hall, towards the front door.
Finally opened the door & gently swept her out.
She gave me one last dirty look before going into the planter.
I don't have an answer to "the uninvited guest" mystery?
But, maybe that ancient college degree came in handy?











74 degrees, Sunny, Santa Ana, CA















A smile for Tuesday ...







No comments: