Sunday, October 5, 2014

Day 801: Way back when???





"Is there ...",  digital collage, 2003




Today was a business lunch and meeting with ...
a client, and long-time friend. 
Marcia has hired me to do a large digital piece.
We have scanned 66 old black and white photos.
It will document her parents drive in a Buick Touring Car
from Ohio to California in 1925.
That was a real adventure, no main roads.
To put this in perspective, I found this clipping from 1935.




This will be a labor of love because I LOVE old photos. 
It's something about their straight forward approach and style.
I have her permission to share some of the photos.
And, I am allowed to share future work as the job progresses.


Dorothy 1895 - 1975


Some photos will not be used ...



Ohio, 1925


but some were too good not to share.
My favorite ...



Dorothy & Henry & Lake Erie  1925


 I am allowed to play with.



Dorothy & Henry & Lake Erie  1925 (played with)


Another great day in "extreme heat wave" area!
Hope you are cool and comfortable wherever you are?






A smile for Sunday ...





No comments: