Monday, October 15, 2012

Day 84: Avocado babies?


 The babies are doing fine, thank you.
On Day 40 of this blog, I rescued a talking avocado seed.







So 44 days later I have an avocado nursery. 
Now five in number. I used the technique shown on 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBKDnUsTAFc





Not a glamour shot, but this one has a bit of a green leaf peaking out of the crack and a root.









I bet you've never seen stuff like this on your other blogs?
I know it's odd, but I am thrilled with this technique. They are raised in water until they crack and root, then I added a teaspoon of good soil to acclimate them before tranferral to a pot..










Awww ... now that's beautiful, right?




 This one reminds me of my eldest grandson, 6'3" at 14.








This little seed grows to his own timeset. He's a little slower, but there is a crack and I have faith.
Actually, I can relate to this guy.







And, I find that when I am not really sure 
that my day's blog will interest you, 
I run outside and take a picture of the sunset.


5:50PM,  Monday, October 15, 2012,  Tustin, CA


Here you go.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, i thought this avocado seed growth was really interesting and cool!

- Kelly