Monday, January 14, 2019

Day 2363: to good not to share ...





Lola: altered photo, canvas & digital










Want music?

 




Click here for Toby Keith, Don't Let the Old Man In.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?








This is the start of a step-by-step ...

I am so grateful for good friend and artist, Jane Ice.
She has been a supporter and collector of my art for some time. 
She recently sent me this photo of three of her purchases.
She said she felt she needed one for the left lower corner.



top L-Sisters, top R- Flapper & bottom R -Violet

That night I studied this photo and drew a quick ballpoint sketch.




I had decided a 14 x14" canvas might work best.




I had a 14 x 14" canvas that I had used in a demo,
and wasn't attached to it, so I added gesso over the top. 


 

The nice part about a canvas, it can be reused.



 
She will be primarily collage, and I hope to share the steps
in a future blog. I usually name the ladies, and since she's
a 20's type lady, I wanted a Gatsby-type name.
But so far Gilda and Mimi were all I came up with? 
Any ideas? Can you help me?





Another "to good not to share" ...

From my good friend Stan Hirohata, I thought this was so worth sharing. It starts with Toby Keith playing golf with Clint Eastwood. That sets the stage. 
     


 
    At one point, Eastwood said to Keith, "I turn 88 on Monday."

    "What are you going to do?" Keith asked.

    "I'm going to shoot a movie," Eastwood replied, with filming scheduled to begin the following week.

    "What keeps you going?" Keith asked him.

    "I get up every day and don't let the old man in," Eastwood said.

    "I'm writing this down right now," Keith replied.

    Keith didn't ask him if he could contribute a song, Keith just went home and wrote it, sent it to Clint and hoped that he would consider it. And, he did.

    Here it is: 
    https://youtu.be/yc5AWImplfE










A smile for Monday ...





No comments: