Saturday, January 5, 2019

Day 2354: Cookie in the oven.





2-1/2 kids: acrylic on framed canvas (26 x 38")











Want music?

 




Click here for Roberta Flack, Donnie Hathaway, Back Together Again.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?








I posted yesterday's smile on my Instagram ...
(long,jacki and jlonginc)






A former student, Henry said it reminded him of my 
"cookie in the oven" quote. And, former student Seven's 
Mom, Bobbi said "now we all want to know what 
the cookie in the oven quote" is. So here goes.





It started years ago when my Grandhunk #3 was little .
He complained about something he couldn't do yet. 
I told him (and many of my students over the years), 
"You're a cookie in the oven, you're not done yet.

The kicker is GH#3 looked up at me and said,
"How about you Grandma, are you done yet?
I responded, "I'm getting pretty crisp around the edges."









Now I realize that this isn't cold to my relatives back east, 
or good friends in Canada, but to us SoCal wimps, it is.

61 degrees , Blue Skies, Santa Ana, CA










A smile for Saturday ...








No comments: