Saturday, November 18, 2017

Day 1941: Got lucky, again!





Franz: collage, old drawing & digital














Want music?

 




Click here for Smokey Robinson, If I could see  her.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?









I taught Karate for 33 years.
It wasn't a well paying job, but it did have great benefits.
Two of those benefits asked me join them,
and their families for dinner Thursday evening at ...







Benefits being students who became family.
Roberto & wife, Dawn were in from Colorado.
Brandon, Courtney, Noelle & Nova have all stayed in touch.
And, Roberto's parents, Roberto Sr. & Edilia.
Both families had been coming to this restaurant forever.


As is my new custom, I passed around my i-phone for selfies.



Which can turn out scary? 
They are after all still just big kids!



Roberto & Brandon




Dawn & Nova



Courtney & Noelle



Edilia & Roberto Sr.


Mr. & Mrs. Torres Sr., contenders for world best parents ...
were celebrating their 41st anniversary. 






So wonderful to join these families in a great evening!








Several times during the evening, I found myself 
remembering both students from over the years ...



Columbus, Ohio, Roberto, front right













So lucky!










A smile for Saturday ...









No comments: