Monday, October 22, 2012

Day 90: Got blimps?



I can remember seeing the Tustin Blimp Hangars as a little girl.








We didn't live in 
Tustin back then, 
but we must have driven by?



I now live near the hangars and saw them this morning 
when I went to Costco for gas.




 They are like dinosaurs from the past.



It's hard to relay the size.  But I am going to try.




September 2011, I read that the North Hangar 
would be open to the public on that Saturday morning. 
I rushed over and took 311 photos. Here are a few.






One of the largest wooden structures in the world.



Taken mid-way, see a 50 second video.





I spent four hours in and around the hangar that day.
When we left, a car commercial was to be shot there.
I have many more photos, so I may add more tomorrow.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That would be a perfect place to throw a concert....or a karate tournament.

jacki long said...

You are right! It's an amazing space.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that was made of wood...pretty cool