Saturday, September 14, 2019

Day 2606: Going to Apt.





"double insight": photography










Want music?

 




Click here for  Smooth Style Jazz, How Deep is Your Love.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?








Eighth day in Provence, and feeling so very blessed.
For our drivers, beautiful rooms, cooks of fabulous meals.
After breakfast, we again left at 9am for Apt. 

Sue, Marj, Ardi, Ginny, Ede, jacki

Apt is a town in the Vaucluse department in the 
Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region in southeastern France.
 It is the principal town of the Luberon mountains. 



I walked up through the market, open to locals every Saturday 10-1. It was crowded with shoppers for meats, cheese, vegetables, sweets, lavender, books, clothing, sunglasses, flowers and the like.


 
I walked way up into the Apt residential hills.





 Sharing a few pleasant architectural beauties along the way.



I passed some construction, and shot the earth, 
showing the natural ochre that was discovered native to this area.



After 2 hours  of walking uphill,
I returned to the market place to find a seat.


I made my first Coca-Cola in France, last an hour.




Then I met Bonnie & Jane and we went to lunch together.
It was delicious. Some got gelato and ate it one way to our 
meeting point for the drive home. We arrived at 2:45pm.
Normally, I take a delicious afternoon nap, but today
I have to bite the bullet and do laundry and this blog.
Au revoir from France,









A smile for Saturday ...





1 comment:

john said...

Oh, lovely, absolutely lovely photos. The photo you took of the Asian figure and the women, I assume in a shop, is just fabulous! :-)