Saturday, October 21, 2017

Day 1913: New book on the horizon.







Mo, collage & digital











Want music?

 





Click here for Bobby Caldwell, What you won't do for love.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?










In December of 1998, my friend Denise gave me the first
No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency book 
by Alexander McCall Smith, for my birthday.






I had never heard of it or him, but quickly fell in love.
I have all 17 novels, and cherish every one.
Now, November 7th, the 18th book will become available. 
The House of Unexpected Sisters.






I just read part of the first chapter, here, you can too.
I tried to think how I could describe the writing ...
I found this quote that I think is perfect.
"McCall Smith's writing style in this series is deceptively simple 
as he writes in a clear, uncomplicated prose, 
yet his work is nonetheless insightful and perceptive. 
His humor is dry, charming and kind-hearted, revealing an author who is keenly observant without a trace of maliciousness."


I'd love to know if you're a fan too?











And from Superman's post on FB ...


WOW!! Only in Anaheim Hills!  .....
You will not believe what happened today... 
I went to Chevron to get gas. 
As I was driving in, I noticed this Cop watching a woman 
who was smoking while pumping gas... 
I saw her and thought, "Is this lady stupid or crazy?!! 
With the Cop right there too?!"
But anyway, I went inside and paid for my gas. 
When I started getting in the car I heard someone screaming... 
I looked out of the car window & saw the woman's arm was on fire! She was swinging her arm and running around going crazy! 
I hurried over to assist the Cop who had put her on the ground 
and was putting the fire out with his iced coffee!!
He then put handcuffs on her and threw her in the police car... 
I was thinking "what kind of person smokes near a gas pump?!" But being the inquisitive person that I am, 
I asked the Cop what he was charging her with... 
He looked me square in the eyes and said... 
"WAVING A FIRE-ARM!"

*I didn't re-post it on FB, but does this count?












A smile for Saturday ...






No comments: