Sunday, March 8, 2015

Day 955: My journey to "dan sha ri" ...




Fuschia,  photo & digital collage









For those who have been with this silly blog for a while, 
or know me well, then you know that ...
 I have been crawling toward my goal of dan sha ri.





TMI Alert: 
Dan,  the first kanji, means to refuse, dismiss
Sha means to throw away "things"
Ri means to separate or detach.
So when put together, DanShaRi …
is to free yourself from life's clutter.
I really want to live simpler.
Donating at least one bag a week for a while now,
but still so much "stuff" to go.
A quick 4 minute video, click here.



I mentioned it here in June of 2013 …
but have barely made a dent!
I have recently sold and gave away more than 600 books.





More than 43 years of collecting everything Japanese.
From karate, sumo, calligraphy, literature, history, language,
budo, customs, manners, ikebana, iai-do and more.



Today I drove 40 miles to Riverside with…


Jamboree turning onto Santiago Canyon


the above trunk full of 200 books to give to …



Santiago Canyon turning onto the 241





241 is a toll road, this isn't normal CA traffic


Not a bad way to spend a Saturday morning …






I left home at 8:30 AM, and by 10:30 AM …
I was back at John's having breakfast.






with a whole Saturday ahead.
Now for the novels & reference books!
Wishing you a great weekend!
Life is good.






A smile for Sunday …





No comments: