Sunday, September 14, 2014

Day 780: A pickled brain?



"Janine", 30x40" collage on canvas, in progress (Dawn" 12x12" in corner)



It all started with me waking up at 4 AM,




deciding to cut paper for my 10 AM class.
It seemed like a good idea at the time.
Now 16 hours later my brain seems pickled?
 I took lots of class pictures ...




















canvas, gel medium, papers galore, all supplied ...
 and so the work begins.




Encouraged to bring a photo, but some provided,
 these are just the starting points.
In the beginning it's hard to see ...




but gradually, within the 3 hour class ...




paper portraits begin to happen on the canvas.




Not all were completed ...




but progress was well underway ...




each with an individual touch.




Some I missed, and some I missed a final picture ...




some required more detail work.





The work was amazing to me.




There are plans for longer classes & bigger canvas!




Normally I would be posting the first name of each artist,
but you'll have to forgive me, I seem to have a pickled brain. 
Hopefully some sleep will bring me back to my normal.
Hope you are rested and having a great weekend?




A smile for Sunday ...


(smile for your dental hygienist)

No comments: