Thursday, July 26, 2012

Day 7: Posting a blog has had some benefits ...


Posting a blog has had some benefits I hadn't anticipated. Though less than a week in "blog-land", I have heard daily from special people in my life . Today I heard from two of my four cousins. Both my parents were from Indiana, so most of my relatives live there. They are suffering a severe heat wave and drought. I feel humor is so important, especially when the circumstances are beyond our control. I am blessed with a wonderful family, cousin Donna sent me an "Indiana rain gauge" ...


And, back in 2001, I took a journaling class which utilized this popular book ...


in this class we were asked to do timelines. This meant going back and figuring what was going on in our lives at specific ages. In order to do this, I went to old family photos. This was a writing task, but since I had just completed with a graphic design and visual communication degree, I asked and was allowed to do the assignments digitally. Today I resurrected these old files and have decided to post one of my timelines. It may be "TMI" as they say, but it does speak to what I do and where I am from. Maybe you can let me know if this has any interest to you?


9 comments:

Marilyn said...

Love this. I like the way you incorporate your writing into your image.

ESJ said...

Wow! The last piece of artwork is so special! Love it!

ESJ

Courtney said...

Love this piece!

Courtney said...

I love this piece!

Unknown said...

love the ageless photo!!

jacki long said...


I am flattered that you like this, Kelly! I have about 12 of these timeline digital collages with different relatives. They have different color schemes, but all have that fuzzy, dream-like feel to them. I will do posts of them in the future.

Thanks again, Kelly!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jacki long said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.