Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Day 6: I remember my Mother telling me ...


I remember my Mother telling me that if I would pick just one thing to focus on, I could be outstanding. I remember it so clearly. As if it wasn't eons ago. I think of the tiny gymnastic wizards that will perform in London, my mother would have approved. I guess it made sense on some level, but I wasn't willing to pick just one.

So even now, I still jump from flower to flower, possibly being less than I could at just one, but happy with the variety. I have just come from my karate training, and now I will hunt up a collage to post here before I focus on reading, and then my journal. Makes sense to me.








See you tomorrow with more variety.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

i wish i could paint like you collage!

sylvia chase said...

Got to give you credit for doing this Jacki. I attempted a blog (it must be years ago now), and of course, lost interest in it very quickly. Doing something on a daily basis is like being in prison for me.... okay, let's face it.... I am too darn lazy.

Keep going.... I love reading your thougts...
Sylvia Chase

Carrol Wolf said...

I guess there are many people who only have one interest.

But I am sooo glad that I love to explore and learn and do new things. That doesn't mean I don't have a main love, but it's not my only love.

Variety IS the spice. I'm impressed by your blog.

Marilyn said...

I totally understand - makes sense to me. Appears that Marj did leave a comment yesterday. Keep going, it will get better. Right now you're trying to navigate in a dark room!

Marilyn said...

Yay!!!! you turned off the word verification. Now you should see an area about midway down on your "dashboard" that says "comments awaiting verification". Select it and then you can check the ones you want published. That's all there is to it. Don't forget to check the spam comments on occasion - they are almost always spam and you can just delete them.

jacki long said...

I wish I could do pastels, paint, be tall and wear cool clothes like you do! Jacki

ESJ said...

Too funny! My grandfather once told me that, "to find water, a man must dig only one hole. To dig multiple holes at once is fruitless and he will eventually die of thirst." He probably thought he had me in awe, but I replied, "but what if he's digging in the wrong spot? To continue digging an obviously dry hole would be even more fruitless." ;) So hopping from "flower to flower" is a good thing!