Friday, May 29, 2020

Day 2863: The Dalai Lama got out of a Honda.




"Nola", drawing, collage on banana skin paper.








Want music?

 




Click here for Jack Johnson, Better Together.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?





Just an ordinary beautiful Thursday. 
I am washing dishes and checking the neighborhood.
I find out a lot from that vantage point.
A Honda I didn't recognize pulled into a parking space in front.
As is my duty, I looked to see who was inside.
He took his time and I assumed it might be a lady.
Then, the Dalai Lama got out of the grey Honda.


He was dressed in his disguise attire.
A faded flowered shirt and baggy pants.
The kicker was he wore both a belt and suspenders.
He opened the car back door and got a file.
He clicked the remote and locked his car,
as he walked off to a nearby residence.
I just checked he's still there.
I'll respect his privacy.





2GN2S:


 • 3 min video, an artist who sends a flower card to anyone, here.
• funny, clever  20 min. video with human & squirrel action, here.
• SGN graduation, 24 min vides worth the time, here.
 



Smiles for Friday ...



















 



6 comments:

elenor said...

The story you wrote about his Holiness, the Dalai Lama, reminded me of our holidays we spent in Switzerland. It was in 1995 (just checked, because i could not remember the year) and we went to Zermatt to go up by railway to the mountain world, to see the Matterhorn and all other famous mountains and glaciers. And then we saw the Dalai Lama, who spent some time here accompanied by many Tibetan friends walking along. Due to the political situation Switzerland has given them a new home were they could live in peace and in a most wonderful area.

I hope you are fine, Jacki. I'm thinking of you more often than I comment!

john said...

Interesting story of the Dali Lama. I just love what you did with Nola. :-)

Branmuffin said...

Wait, you're serious about the Dalai Lama???

Also yes I sang it instead of just read it.

jacki long said...

Thank you Elenor, yes I am fascinated and impressed by the Dalai Lama, but mine was, of course, a look alike. When he got out of the Honda, I thought he looks like his Holiness! Then I thought of the title and I was off. I don't think he would mind, he has a wonderful sense of humor.
Take good care, I think of you so often hoping all is well.

jacki long said...

Thanks, John, I am working on a series like Nola?

jacki long said...

Thanks Brandon. When he got out of the Honda, I thought he looks like his Holiness! Then I thought of the title and I was off. I don't think he would mind, he has a wonderful sense of humor.
Take good care, I can picture you singing Hey Mickey! ;o)