Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Day 2853: Off to the hospital.





"Reflections" : Photography, Bali Temple, 1990.








Want music?

 




Click here for Luther Vandross, Gregory Hines, "There's Nothing Better Than Love"
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?







Up early, before six, which is unusually early for me.
I had an 8am appointment with my shoulder surgeon.
I had my last cortisone injection last January eons ago. 
My shoulder has been begging for that long needle.


Both shoulders need to be replaced, but that would interfere 
with my Karate training, so I have opted for cortisone as long 
as possible. I have been on about a 4-month regimen until 
COVID19 changed my ability to be allowed go to the hospital. 
Today the usually packed hospital parking lot was doable.
  I was in a mask (thanks Mei) and gloves on a rainy morning.
A pretty girl met me at the door and guided me to a table 
where I had to pick up my own sticker. Then I stood 
in front of contraption that scanned a red dot on 
my nose and determined my temperature and IQ?
Then I was free to go check-in and pay, before going upstairs.
right shoulder with the bone-spur circle, Left looks the same, but no bone-spur.

I really like my smart, young surgeon, Dr. Sodl. 
He is used to me by now, and my crazy questions.
I once offered up my considerable adipose tissue in other areas 
and moved to pad both shoulders. He laughed for a long time. 
Then he said, "Okay but how do I keep it there"? 
Today I had a new idea. How about going in through a small hole and take off that bone spur?  He had a quick answer: we can't it grows back, quickly! If you were closer than the correct social distance you would be able to hear my shoulder ...









2GN2S ... 
 

Don't miss this! You must click here to see the video. 
And here. Unbelievable. Mesmerizing!








Smiles for Tuesday ...


























4 comments:

john said...

Lovely photograph. I love reflections. I have several that have been sent to me over time. Most of them are reflections in the windows of skyscrapers. :-)

elenor said...

I hope you feel better now, Jacki. Without pain or at least nearly no pain. I understand that you don't want to replace your shoulders as long as possible.
The "wave" is really incredible.
Wishing you all the best!

jacki long said...

Thanks John, that is an old photo but the reflections and light in Bali was stellar. I too am drawn to reflections in architecture. Did you like the Wave?

jacki long said...

Thanks, Elenor, so good to hear from you across the globe. How are you and your family doing? Are you quarantined? Sending you love and good wished for health and happiness.