Saturday, September 21, 2019

Day 2613: Modern day travels.





Queen Mother reveal: old photo, collages & digital.









Want music?

 




Click here for  Maurice Ravel, Pavane for Dead Princess.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?








My watch says 9:15 am (Sunday) France time, 
so I have been up for 28 hours traveling!
My laptop has already converted to CA time, 12:15 am. 
So before I go jump into my own bed for the first time 
in 15 days (while on the magical trip) I'll say hi!

ceiling of Charles de Gaulle airport, Paris

leaving Paris for LAX at 3;30 pm Saturday.

A 14 hour flight is too long, but we made it, twice.
Isn't it amazing how we have faith to get in a shiny 
flying cigar with 519 other people and stay suspended
over Greenland, the UK, Scotland, Ireland Canada, 
and the US to LAX? Then LAX and customs, with an
auto-touchscreen interview & scan, Then stand in line
with a convict-looking self photo to go to the 3 screening
marshalls, 3 for probably 200 of us in line.
Then claim you baggage, by the time I got out of
customs, my 1 bag was circling, alone. 
Then another long trek to the pick up area 
which is another crazytown of it's own. 
So many international people on a busy Saturday @ LAX.
I tried to call WW & SM who were meeting me.
My phone was as 12% and Siri wasn't available.
I tried messaging, but it didn't go through.
(to be continued...)

 


hi!









A smile for Saturday ...









4 comments:

jeriinpaso said...

Totally loved your trip and collage of the Queen of course. The kitty funny was accurate and funny. Love that you are home safe!

Jan's Art and Musings said...

Jacki, luckily international travel is like childbirth. We forget enough of the pain and misery to do it again :-). Glad you are home safely.

SlocombesOut&About said...

Welcome home! Sounds like you loved Provence. Got plans for returning? I'll call in a couple of days to catch up.

john said...

Ah, I see that you are home. Welcome home. Isn’t jet lag the pits?!! Love this piece of the senior lady. :-)