Saturday, October 28, 2017

Day 1920: Maybe we are both tired of each other?





Connie, acrylic, stabillo & digital












Want music?

 





Click here for Maxwell, Don't ever wonder.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?














photo by Dan Kee


A thriving community of 300 artists. 
Monthly meetings include display of members’ art 
and presentations by acclaimed artists.



photo by Dan Kee


Juried exhibitions, artist shows and displays 
hosted at our Galleries at the Huntington Beach Library.


OCTOBER 27 - 28, 2017
Member Show Take-in Friday, October 27th  3 - 5:00 pm 
Member Show Take-in Saturday, October 28th  9:00 am -12:00 pm
Huntington Beach Central Library

Member Show
Mon, Oct 30, 2017 9:30 am through Wed, Nov 29, 2017 5:00 pm
Huntington Beach Central Library

Member Show Reception
Saturday, November 4, 2017   6:00 pm  8:00 pm
HBAL Window and Corner Galleries at the 
Huntington Beach Central Library








 I am readying my entries for Saturday morning's take in.
Members can have three entries. I have two ready.


SoCal, a 12 x 12" digital on canvas


&



Dorothy & Henry, a 12x12" digital on canvas



Then I looked around & found this crazy blonde who wanted to go!
She was a quick 18 x 24" demo done in a recent M/M class.





By the time I brought her home she looked like this ...





pretty rough: watercolor, pastels, collage & china marker.
I had all afternoon, so after chores, I started on a makeover.



I cut her down to 16 x 20" for an available frame ...
but I had another 11 x 20" frame that was a possibility.
Not thrilled, I don't like the lower left of her face.
You know you're in trouble when the before looks better?
One more try.




Near enough. Maybe we are both tired of each other?
I'll let her rest a bit, then decide whether to cut her down or not.























Glass isn't cleaned, nothing framed yet, but I think it's gonna be ...








What do you think?









A smile for Saturday ...









No comments: