Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Day 1790: Carrol is amazing!




Buck, postage stamp & junk mail collage • stamp people series











Want music?

 





Click here for Bach, Classical 
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?









This will be an attempt to do justice & I will try.
It's about Carrol Wolf, artist, architect, wife, mother, 
grandmother, world traveler, community activist, 
seamstress, 2 art leagues president & more, all of it amazing.


 




One time Carrol missed a class & I found out she was in charge of sit-down dinner for 30 or 300, I can't remember which, 
no matter, it would be fabulous. She can & does do it all!

I did two earlier Carrol blogs in 2015, here  and here. 
I had dubbed her a Renaissance Woman, and she is indeed.
Today I will feature Carrol's current one-woman show.



 
June 2 - 29 in the Corner Gallery at Huntington Beach Library.
Open for viewing during normal library hours: 
M 1-9, T-W-TH 9-9, F-S 9-5, closed Sunday. 
Carrol was there Saturday, June 17th - 1-3 PM with her travel journals & sketchbooks & that's when I took photos.



The show is titled: "Impressions in Color".  
if you are anywhere near HB, you'll want to stop by.



What a treat to be able to touch & look through sketchbooks.





































I must apologize for my photography of Carrol's work ...
most of the large pieces were framed with glass, 
so I shot from odd angles to get the least amount of glare 
from the overhead lighting and window light, 
thus the perspective is apologetically wonky!
More reason to go in person.



Portugal



























Bali





Mexico




















good friends



Stan and Carrol Wolf

Thank you Carrol for a wonderful show.




 
 
What a talented lady, in so many ways ...
but what some might not know, 
she has such a great sense of humor!











A smile for Tuesday ...



(from one of Carrol's journals)






No comments: