Sunday, March 8, 2015

Day 955: My journey to "dan sha ri" ...




Fuschia,  photo & digital collage









For those who have been with this silly blog for a while, 
or know me well, then you know that ...
 I have been crawling toward my goal of dan sha ri.





TMI Alert: 
Dan,  the first kanji, means to refuse, dismiss
Sha means to throw away "things"
Ri means to separate or detach.
So when put together, DanShaRi
is to free yourself from life's clutter.
I really want to live simpler.
Donating at least one bag a week for a while now,
but still so much "stuff" to go.
A quick 4 minute video, click here.



I mentioned it here in June of 2013 …
but have barely made a dent!
I have recently sold and gave away more than 600 books.





More than 43 years of collecting everything Japanese.
From karate, sumo, calligraphy, literature, history, language,
budo, customs, manners, ikebana, iai-do and more.



Today I drove 40 miles to Riverside with…


Jamboree turning onto Santiago Canyon


the above trunk full of 200 books to give to …



Santiago Canyon turning onto the 241





241 is a toll road, this isn't normal CA traffic


Not a bad way to spend a Saturday morning …






I left home at 8:30 AM, and by 10:30 AM …
I was back at John's having breakfast.






with a whole Saturday ahead.
Now for the novels & reference books!
Wishing you a great weekend!
Life is good.






A smile for Sunday …





No comments: