Friday, July 20, 2012

Day 1 : A little 'kaizen" please ...


Hello out there? I am jumping in without planning, 
typing skills or blog knowledge but 
determined to get this show on the road. 
A little patience will be necessary on both ends 
as I struggle and learn through my mistakes.

Like you, I have a myriad of interests and views. 
I intend to spill them all out, freeing space for new stuff 
and see what happens. 
To start a blog has been on my to-do list for over three years. 
So to say I am a procrastinator is the ultimate understatement. 
I am wondering what to post first, but if I wait for that special "inspirational, perfect thing" I will continue to wait?

So, I am posting an Instagram photo from my yard. 
It's of an orchid that wasn't making it inside and 
instead of throwing it out, I put it in my yard near a sprinkler, 
and, in time,  it just bloomed! 
I love that and hope this blog can follow that path.




8 comments:

Mary Ann said...

a perfect beginning! lovely orchid :-)

Marilyn said...

Hi Jacki, welcome to blogland. Your blog is lovely and it will grow and bloom like you won't believe There's a whole community out there to connect with.

Branmuffin said...

Hi Jacki, got to this a day or so late...sorry! Well, I'm guessing most people will access this through their computers, so here's some feedback from my VZW Galaxy Nexus. Format looks great from here, and I know your blog is going to be filled with lots of thoughtful and imaginitive things! Keep it up!!!

ESJ said...

Sensei Jack,

Your blog is a welcomed (and refreshing addition) to the web. I look forward to learning about your daily thoughts and inspirations! :)

ESJ

ESJ said...

Sensei Jack! Your blog is a welcomed (and refreshing) addition to the web! I look forward to reading about your daily thoughts, adventures and inspirations!

ESJ

Anonymous said...

Hi Jacki,
Talk about procrastenation, I finally started reading your entries, working backwards of course. Say if your Blog is to blossom as the orchid did, does that mean you're having to write it outside near a sprinkler?
Roy

Unknown said...

I love the intro and the picture of the orchid. What a beautiful metaphor!

jacki long said...


Thank You Kelly! It means a lot to me that you like it too. Please check in again?