| "Millicent": ink brush, watercolor, junk collage. |
Want music?
Click: Hall & Oates, One on One.
2GN2S
Earlier this month, a monumental, metallic spiral appeared on the High Line to coincide with New York Fashion Week. The elevated, art-filled public park on the West Side of Manhattan runs from Gansevoort Street near the Whitney Museum of American Art to 34th Street near Hudson Yards. Commissioned by Bulgari as part of its Serpenti Infinito series, which celebrates its famous Serpenti collection through artistic partnerships, the temporary installation invited visitors to walk through an enormous coil titled “auroBOROS: Urban Memory and Collective Dream.”
The brainchild of artists Marco Canevacci and Yena Young, who helm the studio Plastique Fantastique, “auroBOROS” spent nearly two weeks wedged beneath a raised building. Its title is drawn from the ancient ouroborosmotif of a snake eating its own tail as a metaphor for the continuous cycles of life—a nod to Bulgari’s snake-themed jewelry line—and the site added a playful tension to the piece, as it appeared to support the overhead structure.
“auroBOROS” marks the first time Plastique Fantastique has exhibited in the U.S. Earlier installations along a similar theme include iterations of an architectonic gold loop titled “RINGdeLUXE,” which has encircled bridges with the appearance of a kind of cosmic portal. See more on the studio’s Instagram.





3 comments:
Wow! I wish I could see the giant gold loopy coil! so cool! & the woman that donated $1B for the med students- very cool!
I'd like to meet "Millicent" in real life. I think she's a fabulous lady, pretty, clever, with a good sense of humor.
How great that there are some people who spend their money they don't need for other people to help them.
I saved your first smile and I'll send it to my 74 -year old friend next week. I'm sure she'll like it and laugh.
Happy weekend, Jacki!
Hi jacki, You asked what the coolest thing I've ever done: well, I think it was being born. (And I had nothing to do with it!) LOL.
Post a Comment