Thursday, October 8, 2026

Day 5158: Backyard Tour & TBT & Gentle Donkeys.

"Downplay": acrylic on canvas, digital collage.



  

Want music?



   Click:Bebe & Cece Winans, Lost Without You.


2GN2S


I got up late today, WW had made egg salad for me to make a sandwich on a pretzel bun, delicious. I went to the back yard and sat under an umbrella, I have to avoid the direct sun but enjoy the heat. 
While looking at the sky and plants, I thought I might "double dip" and share with you, a little tour of this part of their backyard?

this is my view of the sun through the umbrella

the sky was a magnificent blue and the trees shone.

the contrast of the plum tree with the blue sky, to me, was gorgeous

the primroses near the wind chime seem happy too




several sago palms

meanwhile, me and my bare feet enjoyed it all.

reflections in the pool

lap pool and jacuzzi


such a nice combination of plants, rocks and did you see the big jug?

and the newly planted Meyer lemon tree has fruit!

See you tomorrow.







Demura Sensei
with me, Pat Sanchez & Mark Martinez
Pittsburgh, PA. 1985

After Sensei Bill Stoner's Tournament, Pittsburgh, PA. - Stoner Brothers, Mark Martinez, Pat Sanchez.










  
 
A 1+ minute video, Wildebeest, here.
 
 
Just because ...

Indian Paradise Flycatcher

Thursday's Smiles ... 

 














Hoping you feel all the good things in your day.


  


 

 

 

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love everything in this blog. Nice to see you relaxing in the yard. I've always loved that picture of you & Sensei & Mark & Pat.
You as a black belt instructor- you are 1 in a million! You're not only a great teacher. Your compassion, creativity, ethics, ability to encourage students to want to be better & improve, teach in a way that's fun, & highly respected by all... You & Sensei taught in that way. I'm one of the rare ones that got to experience both. How lucky am I!!

Anonymous said...

Love! 💖

jacki long said...

Thanks, Anonymous?

jacki long said...

Oh Cheryl, you are spoiling me, when you comment it feel like a huge flattering hug that I don't think I live up to, but I do appreciate it and YOU!!

elenor said...

When I read "The Black Belt" I also thought you are the one in 10 000 or even in a million as Cheryl knows and writes. Wow, Jacki, what you accomplished is incredible. Congratulations, Jacki.
I'm glad you enjoyed the 92°F. Today here was the last warm and sunny day with 72°F. In the late afternoon rain started and the temperatures are going down., with max 60°F in the next days. Autumn finally is here.
Your daughter's place is so beautiful, with all these marvelous plants. I'm so glad you can enjoy your time there.