Sunday, April 8, 2018

Day 2082: ... they multiply, like rabbits!






biker chick: photo, gesso, ink brush, watercolor, collage











Want music?

 




Click here for  Hall and Oates, Say it isn't so.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?









A few you have asked how I get the blog & stuff done.
I usually answer, I live alone.
But, I also have sloth days, and today was one, big time!





I slept in, woke up looked at my phone & went back to sleep.
When I woke up I watched the entire 
Alabama vs Florida collegiate softball game, in bed! 
Still in sloth-mode, I finally got up did some routine stuff.
At 3:30 I realized I hadn't eaten, so went for magic tacos.
Not sure if the tacos are really magic, 
but at 5 PM I started work. 







I used an ink brush without checking ...
and had used one with water soluble ink, so 
the watercolor bled on contact, but luckily, I liked it.
I switched to permanent ink later on.






This is not a great face, but I have collage to save me later on.






Once I get started, they multiply, like rabbits!





Watercolor for skin tone then background, I usually 
don't paint hair as most will be covered later with collage. 


 

























Watercolor for skin tone then background, I usually 
don't paint hair as most will be covered later with collage. 





Once I got started, nothing was safe!
I gesso-ed everything in sight!


headache?

Then I saw some sample photographs, 
chopped them to size for new substrates.
Everything is fair game.


2
1





















I have never thought to gesso and draw on a photo before, 
but it seemed like a good idea at the time?


3

I think collage is amazing, life saving even.


4


Meet "biker chick"!
 I told myself that the first one I finished would be 
today's blog cover art, she was first. 
Done  9:01 PM



Happy weekend!












A smile for Sunday ...







No comments: