Saturday, June 1, 2013

Day 309: I just love it!!!


I have always loved it!
And now that they show it on ESPN ...
I am a happy camper!
Now I do love sports ...
but I also love drama, suspense and brains!


Yes it's that time of year ...















where (281) age 11 - 14 year olds do battle...
in the 86th Scripps National spelling Bee.



I had work to do, but instead I sat transfixed.




"greffier"


"envoutement"









"paraphodrome"


"hallali"














"mamaliga"

"transrhenane"



(Vanya, age 11, my favorite)






















and then there was Arvind!















Arvind Mahankali, 13, of Bayside Hills, New York ...



who won, after finishing third the past two years.



A future physicist and admirer of Albert Einstein ...



said he think's "it's good to maintain composure."



So, after deflecting words like "glossophagine," trichocercous,"
"thonnier," and "chalmeay," Arvid won by spelling "knaidel."



Arvid won $30,000, prizes and this trophy.


So if you didn't see it, I hope this gives you insight.
And, if you want more this links to insider stuff and videos.


No comments: