Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Day 181: Today I am a Xanthippe!


I didn't even know what a Xanthippe was until today.


Let me tell you ...
I usually wake up in an orderly way.
I won't bore you with details, but ...
today I didn't want to get up?
Headachy, but not sick.
Grouchy about the day ahead.
But, aiming to reverse this attitude ...
I decided on a blackberry protein smoothie.
My daughter the private trainer ...
(amazing example of fitness and stamina)
raves about the power of blackberries.
So, I use 30g protein (impressed?)...


a whole 4.4 oz of blackberries ... 



1/2 banana, 1 teaspoon flaxseed,



and 1 teaspoon of almond butter.




I start the nutri-blender and look away ...
fascinated by a bird outside my window.
I look back to find a vivid purple abstract painting,
splattered all over my kitchen!
White cabinets, stove, floor ... everywhere!
Now, keep in mind I was trying to correct a
not-so terrific attitude to begin with!

For me, there was a few seconds of 
not wanting to start the task ahead, 
just looking in dis-belief.
But I am a grown-up and so I started.
The funny (not really) thing in cleaning up
is as soon as you think it's done, it isn't.
Please explain to me how the blender container,
which was obviously over-filled, is still full, but ...
there is an equal amount dispersed all over my kitchen?

As you may have gathered, the subject of each 
of my daily blogs just happens and I go with it.
After cleaning up my mess, I brought my smoothie 
into my office to check e-mails and ...
the ever non-existant blog comments. (hint?)
And, one of my daily views is A.Word.A.Day

So when I saw today's word, Xanthippe, 
it was like a bolt from the heavens saying ... 
here is your blog for today!




I drew this little sketch on the back of a bill envelope. 
It was to illustrate a curmudgeon in Day 141, but ...
seems like it fits Xanthippe too, right?



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love words, what a fun one. I wonder if anyone ever uses it. It looks like it should be used in celebration, not pertain to unpleasantness. I empathise... I recently had boiling eggs crash and burn from the top to the bottom of my kitchen!!!

jacki long said...

Thanks so much for commenting! ;o)
I see what you mean, the Xanthipee has a yippee sound to it, and I will take it that way since everything is now cleaned up, plus, I got a rare comment. Thanks again!

Branmuffin said...

Jacki,

I think your version of grumpy is other people's decent day. I can't imagine you being very grumpy at all.

Branmuffin said...

Jacki,

I think your version of grumpy is other people's decent day. I can't imagine you being very grumpy at all.

Marilyn said...

Hahaha.....Jacki I love this only because it happens to all of us. I probably wouldn't think to put it on my blog. That is what makes your blog special!!!
In a couple weeks you may find some spatters of blueberry you didn't see today.

jacki long said...

Thanks Brandon, but I think you have seen me grumpy? Thanks for commenting! ;oD

jacki long said...

Thanks Marilyn,
funny to look back on, but not at the time. ;oD

Christine Kharrazi said...

I've had days like that. Certainly should qualify as a do over.

jacki long said...

Hi Christine!
Thank you so much for commenting! I don'r get comments often and am thrilled when I do. Yes, yesterday was definitely worthy of a do-over.
Seems funny after, but at the time ...wow. ;op

Michelle Kim said...

Hahaha awww Sempai I'm sorry to hear of such a day for you. How was that smoothie? I hope it tasted yummy at least!

Michelle Kim

jacki long said...

Actually it was good, I had the same today but with fresh strawberries. Sort of an attitude adjustment? ;o) And thanks for commenting Michelle. I don't get many comments, but when I do I am ecstatic!