Saturday, March 30, 2019

Day 2438: Sections.







Sections: junk mail collage & digital postcard










Want music?

 




Click here for Minnie Riperton, Back Down Memory Lane.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?








I send a postcard to every person who takes one of my classes.
A hand made postcard, and I am behind in sending to 
the last class on March 7th. Taxes and stuff got in the way.
I use a 4x6' Strathmore Mixed Media postcard.



step 1

I like text but usually use it sideways or upside down.
And, I prefer a torn edge. 
 

step 2

I save too much stuff. I have magazines and all kinds of papers.


step 3

I don't usually use metallics, but this one seemed to fit.


step  4

Sometimes edges align and it strengthens the composition.

 
step 5

It was a little too balanced, but the 5th piece made it work. 
Done.


step  6


A small collage on the address side, because it's fun.
Ready to address, stamp and mail. 
I like this one. Maybe because it happened easily.
They don't always, and sometimes I add too much.
It's definitely an audition process.










"Overheard on the Titanic" by Austin Kleon


Austin Kleon is a smart, funny guy. An artist, author & Dad.
I follow and look forward to his Friday blog here.
He is getting ready to go on a 25 day book tour 
for his newest book, Keep Going ...

A guide to staying creative in good times and bad.

 
He offered the above print free to those who pre-order by April 1st. 


 

details:
Step 1: Pre-order the book anywhere books are sold before midnight on April 1. (EST.) If you can, support your local indie! Buying online at places like Amazon or B&N is great, too. If you want a signed copy, order from Bookpeople — they ship everywhere! Wherever you buy, save your receipt.
Step 2: Fill out this form, and follow all the instructions. (Overseas friends: you can still get a free print, but it has to be shipped to an address in the United States.)
Questions? Email: marketing@workman.com










A smile for Saturday ...


how the tail works ...





No comments: