Thursday, March 14, 2019

Day 2422: Shower in pitch darkness?






doin: junk mail collage















Want music?

 




Click here for Tammi Terrell & Marvin Gaye, Your Precious Love.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?









If you saw yesterday's short blog, here,
you saw the first of 2,421 blogs without images?
Not by choice, but by some weird happenstance.
So, I thought I would give you yesterday's intended images?


(imagine the great photo of today's blue sky)

&



(imagine the bare tree with little nubs for the future)


&



(imagine the up view of the bare tree against the blue sky)


Now we're caught up?









Quick story. Up at 6 am. In the shower at 7 am. 


Shampoo lathered. Suddenly pitch dark!




My sleepy brain pondered through possibilities?
Was I having a stroke? No, don't think so, I just couldn't see?
Then I noticed the noise of the fan was off. 
Okay, power outage. First world problem. 
Being thankful for warm water, I continued my ritual.
Fascinating how when you do the same routine often,
you don't have to see, the soap & towel is still in the same place.
When I opened the bathroom door, some window light came in. 
Determined to get ready in the semi dark, no hair dryer ...eek!
Then from the kitchen window, I noticed cars and suddenly
thought of the auto garage door opener and no power?



I remembered a cord that hangs and has never been used.
It releases the steel door to be hand-raised, I think? 
I go out and find I have parked too near to the door,
I can't get to or quite reach the cord! 
I release the parking brake and push my car forward, 2 inches.
Not enough, so I climb up on the car (not a pretty sight)
and grab the cord. I pull, it makes a noise. I climb down.
 I try pulling up the sectional door, it accommodates with 2 inches.
Don't they know I have a meeting at 9:30?  And, I can't cancel.
I went back inside to finish getting ready, and to call Norma. 
My land line phone does not work either! 
I thought that was why I kept a land line?
So Cal Edison texted me that my power was out, I knew that.
And,  they were working on it and expected it to be on sometime.
I texted Norma, saying I would be late to her Eastside meeting.
 I assembled the things needed for the meeting.
At 9:12 am the power was restored, and I was so grateful.
The garage door opened and I was on my way.
An interesting 3 hours to start a day?
I arrived late, but thankful to make it.
Jody, Norma, Linda, Josie, Sherril were already at work.
I would try to catch up on the day's great project. 


Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate you too.











A smile for Thursday ...


( Please imagine... I had a really good one for you, here. I did!)

Retired Buddha



No comments: