Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Day 2183: Yesterday I "played hookie."





Leonard, ball point pen, continuous line drawing











Want music?

 




Click here for Katie Melua, Nine Million Bicycles
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?









Yesterday I "played hookie."
I always train on Mondays.
But, I was bothered by stuff I won't go into.
So even though I was dressed for class, 
when the time came, I decided to go to a show.
I went to see the movie ... Won't you be my neighbor?
 




A 93 minute. PG-13 documentary, directed by Morgan Neville.
It's been in the theaters since June 8th, so I thought I'd have 
the early afternoon theater to myself. Wrong. 
More than half filled, the audience was split between 
what looked to be maybe retirees and the four rows in front 
of me seemed to be upper teen to college age.






Neville talks to just about everybody alive who knew 
Fred Rogers intimately: his wife, his two sons, his longtime 
casts and crews on the PBS series Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood.
There are the extensive excerpts from his show, 
which reinforce how quietly radical the series was 
and tells the show’s story from the beginning, 
and how he created a space on TV that was quiet.






I enjoyed it. You can see the 2+ minute trailer here.










84 degrees, Sunny, Santa Ana, CA















A smile for Wednesday ...









No comments: