Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Day 5057: Grandhunk#3 is 26! & Austria stores sunshine.

"Working Girl on vacation": Digital drawing, photo, collage.



                                                                       
  

Want music?



   Click: Temptations, Just My Imagination.


2GN2S

 


Tuesday, the 6th, we celebrated GH#3, Zack's 26th birthday. He got up early and went to the gym, then WonderWoman fixed him a birthday breakfast. He took his shower before going to work, I got up at 7:40 to wish him Happy Birthday before he left. I called him at 11am and sang to him, it's a tradition and the punishment doesn't last too long. It is important to keep traditions. He usually gets home around seven, but he said he would try to be home by six since friends are coming for hamburgers, salad and cupcakes. WonderWoman loves to cook, but she hates to bake, but she loves her son so made she made carrot cake cupcakes and banana creme cupcakes. I made Zack a birthday card ...







I could have used markers and it would have been faster, but I started with collage on the t-shirt so using markers really wasn't an option.

There was a debate about 26 candles, some got 27, one got 28! I was sure it was 26 candles, but ???


Party pictures by WonderWoman







Racquel & Jordan got a anniversary gift from WW & SM


A very fun family night together.




     
 Austria is turning surplus summer sunshine into stored winter energy.
Construction has begun on the country's largest green hydrogen plant, a 12.5-megawatt facility developed with ANDRITZ and RAG Austria. The plant will use solar power to split water and produce green hydrogen for industry. It is expected to begin operation around the end of 2026.
The clever part is timing: summer produces more renewable electricity than Austria can use, while winter demand runs high every year. Converting that surplus into hydrogen stores sunshine for months, then releases it when the country needs power and heat most. It is seasonal storage on a national scale.
Seasonal storage is one of the hardest problems in a renewable energy system, because few technologies can hold energy for months at a time. Hydrogen stored underground is one of the rare candidates for that job. Projects like this test whether it can become the missing long-duration battery for nations.



  
 
A 3 minute video, Leafcutter Ant , here.
 
 
Just because ...

EUROPEAN ROLLER



Wednesday's Smiles ... 






 






Hoping you feel all the good things in your day.


  


 

 

  

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Happy birthday to my godson, Zack! I counted 27. He's one special one-of-a-kind kid! I guess I should say "man" but that would be too weird to say. lol. Happy anniversary to Jordan & Rocky! 1 year went by too fast!

elenor said...

That was really a wonderful day to celebrate two of your grandsons. Thanks for sharing all the lovely pics. Jacki, I know you enjoyed every minute. And there are many more happy minutes to come.

Carrol Wolf said...

Jacki, it is always heartwarming to see your family events. I also really liked both the bday card you made, and the video on ants. Thank you for these enjoyable moments in life.:)