Monday, October 19, 2015

Day 1180: Submission time.





following, collage & ink postcard















I have a bad habit, or an additional bad habit ...
I wait till the last possible minute to meet most deadlines.
WonderWoman says she remembers me ...
wrapping Christmas gifts after midnight. True.
Working late at night on projects. True.
The good side is she is NOT a procrastinator.
And, has not allowed the Grandhunks to have those leanings.
Anyway, my point is that I just sent off my submissions,
barely under the deadline for UPPERCASE magazine.




UPPERCASE Creative Calendar 2016

I thought I'd share a bit of the process.

...
 




They requirements were  
 a black & white image,
to be a day's 1.4" square 
within their upcoming 2016 
year calendar (shown above).








It could be a creative prompt 
or activity, an inspirational message, or a drawing, motif or pattern to be colored.













I selected four previous
color works from files, 
that I thought might work.










The needed to be sized to format,  desaturized and narrowed down to the
three submissions..











So, here are my four finalists...







can you guess the three submitted?
I'll show you tomorrow?
Thanks so much for visiting.







A smile for Monday ...







No comments: