Friday, March 29, 2013

Day 245: Why I am so well behaved.


I am going to let you in on the secret.
The reason I am so well behaved.
I remember it clearly ...


When I was 4, we went to Indiana to visit.
We were on Aunt Fern's farm.


The grown-ups were talking about the meal.
They decided on chicken for supper.


I followed my Mom out to the chicken pen.
She picked one, and in a split second...
snapped it in a half-circle with one hand.
The chicken's body ran around, without a head!


I still remember thinking ... I better behave!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

beat your kids.

jacki long said...

Really Henry? Really?

irene said...

that experience would leave a lasting impression. very sweet photo of you in your coat.

jacki long said...

Thanks Irene, I really appreciate your visiting. ;o)

Julie Eaves said...

Loving your blog, Jacki. You just reminded me that I watched my great-grandmother do the same thing. It was a disturbing sight but it didn't ruin my appetite. Favorite childhood dish was chicken and dumplings on the farm. Yum.

jacki long said...

Yes, I am right there with you Julie, chicken and dumplings were pure heaven!