Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Day 1574:A conundrum and a trip to the zoo!





"boy 96", ink brush, watercolor & junk mail collage on journal page










The lead artwork in yesterday's post here
was, in my opinion ... overworked! 
I think I went roaring past "done", then posted it anyway.
So today's, above, is maybe the other extreme?
Could use some refinement, but to make amends, I'm done. 
A conundrum?
Which do you prefer?







Tuesday was the long awaited play date with Marie!
We had scheduled & rescheduled, but today is the day.
75 degrees, Santa Ana, CA.
 



Just 6  miles from my front door ...
isn't that always the case?
You have nearby treasures that you take for granted?
I haven't been to Disneyland in decades, 
though I can seen their fireworks nightly.



The Santa Ana Zoo at Prentice Park in Santa Ana, California 
is small,  20-acre zoo focusing on the animals 
and plants of Central and South America.









An unusual request was made in 1952 by Joseph Prentice, 
the founder of the Santa Ana Zoo at Prentice Park. 
In order for the Zoo to exist, Mr. Prentice required that 
there be 50 monkeys on the grounds at all times.



This charming Zoo features 
         over 80 species of animals, 
      including the world's 
      smallest monkey, 
    the Pygmy Marmoset.  
I had trouble photographing
the 50+ monkeys 
due to light & the cages. 
I apologize.



 


 



Dromedary & camels, oh my!

 










This Zoo is a place to play,
 


 a place to learn

gift shop






& a place to spend time with friends & family.




Marie and I agree.











A smile for Wednesday ...





No comments: